Wednesday, August 15, 2007

July 16-20 (45 hours)

When I got back from time with my boyfriend it was right back to work. During this week I began by working on invitations to our rendition of a coach’s meeting but for team moms. My boss and I decided it would be a great idea to build relationships with these teams by 1st providing a meeting just for moms (definitely one of the first that I know of) and by personally inviting them to let them know just what we intended to offer. After writing up the invitations and emailing them to all the team contacts I then had to run over to our local mall to meet with the General Manager, their mall Marketer/Special Events and her assistant marketer to go over exactly how we wanted to run this meeting as well as see what they had come up with.
During this time I also had to stay very connected with one of our partners, the Delmarva Shorebirds. The Delmarva Shorebirds are a local triple A baseball team for the Baltimore Orioles here in Salisbury and have been helping us with another part of the tournament, Opening Ceremonies. Opening Ceremonies is one of the biggest parts of a girls world series, though it is not usually too successful. I have been to many and my team never wanted to stay.. So my boss, myself and our contacts with the Delmarva Shorebirds, their GM and special events coordinator, have been working very hard to make sure it was the best one any of the girls and their families have been to. Thus, why it was so important to consistently talk with the Shorebirds during the week before our biggest week. The rest of this week was filled with site visits to our 3 parks that the games were going to be played.

No comments: