Wednesday, August 15, 2007

July 31-Aug 3 (20 hours)

Since it was so busy these past two weeks my boss gave me Monday off. It was great to get a break but Sunday and Monday just felt so empty. We both agreed that we felt so weird to finally have the tournament over. We had spent so much time, well all of our time on this and it was just amazing to see it come and go very successfully. I went back to work on Tuesday where Andy (my boss) and I did a lot of talking and reviewing from the tournament. I thought it was very good that we discuss the tournament, what people said and our own personally opinions. We had kind of been doing that the entire week but it was really good to sit back and then go over it all. Several things were brought up during this time but what we really focused on was the next step. Just because the tournament was over doesn’t mean that the work was over. We made a list of things we would do the next couple of days. Along with follow up we also had another tournament coming to town on Friday. It was a lot smaller men’s fast pitch tournament. So while we didn’t have too much planning for this one we did have to provide some things. So once our list of what I was to do and what Andy was to do to follow up our World Series I started making sure all the hotel rooms confirmed for the umpires we had coming into town that weekend. We have a very good relationship with our hotel, which allows doing such things as get rooms compensated for our umpires to lessen the expense. While I made sure the rooms were compensated I also gave the hotels the name of the umpires in which they would be hosted. That way there would be a less chance of confusion when they were checking in. Little things like that are very important to make sure of in order to make sure we wouldn’t have more to take care of later.
Wednesday and Thursday was full of checking off stuff on our list. The main project I worked on was auditing our report from the major World Series tournament. I primarily checked the advertisement part because I spent so much time with the transferring of money and orders. I kept a very diligent copies and records of all the transfers. So with most of them I just had to double check the accounting office’s statement with ours.
Once I audited our report I made a very thorough account of who still owed us, what they owed, along with all their contact info. After my boss and I went over it all I sent it to our accounting office. Though I didn’t see that particular job being difficult I did enjoy doing. I loved that they allowed me to follow up on stuff I was working on this entire summer as well as them trusting me enough to get all our money in.

No comments: