Wednesday, August 15, 2007

July 21 & 22 (18 hours)

Saturday we started with a meeting with the tournament heads. There my boss and I met with the USSSA regional director, two state directors, and one of our maintenance guys (who is always very involved in various positions for all our tournaments). Our meeting lasted a couple of hours. There we discussed the exact jobs we would each have on Monday as it was going to be a very hectic day. Before we branched off in the office to get more things done I had approached to the group on just how important I thought it was to put a packet of directions together. I have been to several World Series during my softball career and knew just how that can make an event better or worse. Everyone agreed it was a great idea. It is so great to see that people I work with, new and all summer, really value what I think it is good for the event and our guests.

Sunday was a little different. I began the day at the office; making signs for Coach’s check in, responding to last minute emails and phone calls. But once that was over myself, my boss and the regional tournament director all went on quite extensive site visits. We went to all three park sites where we met with the park and complex managers and double checked out the fields made sure the breakaway fences were up, the mounds and bases were at the right measurements. We also spent a good portion of the day delivering the last odds and ends to the site of our Mom’s meeting, Coach’s meeting and check in, and Opening ceremonies. All in all this weekend was quite busy but definitely not as crazy as the tournament week was.

No comments: