Monday, June 4, 2007

FIRST TWO WEEKS (41 hours)
This is where I have been working. It is actually our "rest stop" area but hosts offices for the county's tourism and sport marketing departments. I work 20-25 hours a week. During the past two weeks I taken on several tasks that not only include office "to dos" but also more in depth projects as dealing with several companies for advertising opportunities for this year's Softball World Series B tournament that is coming to town in July. So far I have done business with local companies as well as make contracts with bigger companies such as Pepsi, Domino's and Potomac Food Groups (burger king and golden corral). Working with my boss, I have learned quite a bit about sales. Not only do I feel like i know how to see a product much better but I feel more comfortable doing it. We have done phone calls and made stops to discuss all the possibilities this tournament could bring to the business we are talking with. During this advertisement process I also make several organizational update spreadsheets to keep my boss and his boss up to speed as to where we are exactly. In addition to that spread sheet compiling. I've also learned how to draw up invoices for the contracts (paid and unpaid).
The office has been really great to me just as my boss as they have me sit in on staff meetings and really embrace what I have to say as well as show me how to be really prepared for such meetings. I have also sat in meetings with our Recreation department and with Pepsi Co.
As advertising is dwindling although never ending our next project of Opening day ceremonies is starting.. The next couple of posts will continue to show the advertisement improvements and learnings as well as the new stuff with the opening ceremonies.

No comments: